A CDE Definition
(1) See HD Radio and HD audio.
(2) (High Definition) HD often refers to a high-resolution digital TV (see HDTV). The HD designation is also used with many TV/video formats (see HD analog formats and HD formats).
(3) (Hard Disk, Hard Drive) For example, a 500GB HD is a 500 gigabyte hard disk. FD means floppy disk; now a distant memory. See magnetic disk and floppy disk.
(4) (High Density) Various high-capacity floppy disk formats. For example, the 1.44MB 3.5" HD floppy compared to the earlier DD (double density) 720KB diskette, and the 1.2MB 5.25" HD floppy versus the DD 360KB diskette. See floppy disk.
(5) (High Definition) A screen resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. HD+ is 1480x720. See DTV, FHD, 720p and screen resolution.
HD and HD+ Screen Resolutions
Before/After Your Search Term
|Hayes Smartmodem||HD 3D|
|HB||HD activity camera|
|HBA||HD analog formats|
|HC||HD audio sources|
|HCCB||HD Built In|
Terms By Topic
Click any of the following categories for a list of fundamental terms.