A CDE Definition
(1) (System Services Control Point) A controlling program in an SNA domain. It resides in the host and is a component within VTAM. See also SCCP.
(2) (System Security Certified Practitioner) The award for successful completion of an examination in computer security administered by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2. Subjects covered include access control, administration, cryptography, data communications and malicious code. For more information, visit www.isc2.org. See ISC.
(1) (Internet Systems Consortium, Redwood City, CA www.isc.org) An organization founded by Paul Vixie, Carl Malamud and Rick Adams in 1994 and later sponsored by UUNET and other Internet companies. ISC is devoted to supporting and disseminating key Internet protocols, such as BIND, DHCP, OpenReg and INN, and its reference implementations are used by major ISPs.
(2) (ISC)2 (International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Dunedin, FL, London and Hong Kong, www.isc2.org) Originators of the CISSP and SSCP certifications for security professionals. See CISSP and SSCP.
(3) (International Softswitch Consortium, San Ramon, CA) See IPCC.
Before/After Your Search Term
|SS USB||SSD drive|
|SS7||SSD hard drive|
|SSA Global||SSD write cycle|
Terms By Topic
Click any of the following categories for a list of fundamental terms.