A CDE Definition
XL Loan payments
Excel can be used as a monthly loan payment calculator by entering the appropriate values.
Compute a Mortgage Payment
1. Highlight a cell to place the result.
2. Click Function button.
3. Select PMT from Financial category.
4. In Rate, enter interest rate, followed by a percent sign,
then a slash and number of payments per year.
5. In Nper, enter duration of loan in months,
in this case, a 30 year loan.
6. In Pv (present value), enter amount of loan.
7. View monthly payment at bottom.
Before/After Your Search Term
Terms By Topic
Click any of the following categories for a list of fundamental terms.