A CDE Definition
A device that speeds up processing or transmission. See accelerator.
(1) See particle accelerator.
(2) Speeding up the retrieval of Web pages. See Web page acceleration and CDN.
(3) Speeding up file downloading. See download accelerator.
(4) Speeding up hardware. See graphics accelerator, video accelerator and accelerator board.
(5) A quick way to gain knowledge when reading text on a Web page. For example, after highlighting a word and clicking a button, an accelerator may provide a dictionary definition, a foreign language translation or the map of a street address.
(6) A key combination such as Alt-Shift-G that is used to activate a task. It provides a faster activation method than selecting from a menu. See also special function key.
(7) An incubator that expects to develop the company considerably faster than normal. See incubator.
Before/After Your Search Term
Terms By Topic
Click any of the following categories for a list of fundamental terms.