A CDE Definition
(1) (Internet CARD) An electronic postcard (e-card) service from Apple that was discontinued in 2008.
(2) (i-card) The term used for an "information card" in the Higgins project. In practice, i-card and information card are used synonymously. See Higgins project and identity metasystem.
(3) A name briefly associated with the vCard when it moved to the IETF, because vCalendar became iCalendar. See vCard and iCalendar.
(4) (ID CARD) A smart card, magnetic stripe card or barcoded card used for identification purposes.
(5) (i-card) A former Web payments service from Cyber Catalyst, Saligramam, Chennai, India. The i-card was a virtual debit card that contained a value that was reduced online when making a purchase at compliant sites. When a transaction was made, a supporting email was sent to the i-card holder.
Before/After Your Search Term
Terms By Topic
Click any of the following categories for a list of fundamental terms.