A CDE Definition
Having to do with nodes. See node.
(1) See Node.js.
(2) In a network, a node is a junction or connection point. Every terminal, computer, hub, switch and router is a node. Devices that hold and serve data are "hosts." See host, hub, switch, router and terminal.
(3) In database management, a node is an item of data that can be accessed by two or more routes. See DBMS.
(4) In the Document Object Model (DOM), which exposes HTML and XML content to an application or script, every element, every attribute of that element, and each piece of textual content for every attribute is considered a node. See DOM.
(5) In computer graphics, a node is an endpoint of a graphical element. See graphics.
(6) In multiprocessing systems, a node can be a single processor or system. In MPP, it is one processor. In SMP, it is one computer system with two or more processors and shared memory. See SMP and MPP.
The First Four Nodes of the Internet
Before/After Your Search Term
|no frames version||nodal processing delay|
|no more email||node address|
|no parity||node tree|
|no wait state memory||NodeJS|
Terms By Topic
Click any of the following categories for a list of fundamental terms.