A CDE Definition
(1) To make an electronic comparison of a signal, pixel or data structure as described in the following definitions.
(2) In optical technologies, to read a printed form a line at a time in order to convert images into bitmapped representations or convert characters into text. See OCR.
(3) In video, to move across a picture frame a line at a time, either to detect the image in an analog or digital camera, or to refresh a CRT display.
(4) To search a data file sequentially for specific content.
(5) To search an executable file for a particular pattern. See antivirus program.
(6) To sequentially search for peripheral devices attached to the computer.
Before/After Your Search Term
|scale horizontally||scan head|
|scale out||scan line|
|scale up||scan rate|
|scale vertically||scan technology|
Terms By Topic
Click any of the following categories for a list of fundamental terms.