A CDE Definition
(1) To select an element by clicking or tapping.
(2) A format code used in a document language. See tagged text, HTML tag, character tag and paragraph tag.
(3) See RFID tag and smart tags.
(4) A set of bits or characters that identifies various conditions about data in a file and is often found in the header records of such files. This type of tag identifies the entire file, and the tags occupy predefined locations in the header rather than embedded throughout the file.
(5) A name (label, mnemonic) assigned to a data structure, such as a field or record. See XML document.
(6) A descriptive field in a music or video file. See ID3 tag.
(7) A field that identifies the contents of a data record. See key field.
(8) A brass pin on a terminal block that is connected to a wire by soldering or wire wrapping.
(9) An identifier of topics. See hashtag.
Before/After Your Search Term
|tabular data||tag singulation|
|tabulating equipment||tag switching|
|tabulating machine||tagged text|
Terms By Topic
Click any of the following categories for a list of fundamental terms.